Single Family Programs
Whether marketing loan programs or moving employees into new offices in downtown Sacramento, the support teams make sure the Agency's business needs are met – and CalHFA can focus on working with homeowners and lenders.
The Office of General Counsel manages the legal affairs of CalHFA by providing counsel on day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives. The office also supports CalHFA's lending and insurance programs.
Accomplishments - Office of General Counsel
- Assisted Financing staff in negotiating collateral posting agreements with major swap counterparties, securitizing loans, bond sales and other strategies to enhance Agency liquidity and capital reserves.
- Provided legal support for implementation of programs to provide alternate sources of income and assisted in developing proposals for additional fee-based sources of income.
- Assisted with single family programs loss mitigation strategies, including disposition of real estate owned properties, curing delinquencies and mitigation of property risk.
- Managed increased litigation associated with the Agency's single family portfolio resulting from a downturn in the economy.
The Legislative division works with various federal and state legislative, housing, business and other interest groups to identify and maximize opportunities to meet the housing needs of low and moderate income families in California, and further the long-term business objectives of the Agency.
Accomplishments - Legislation
- Worked to secure funding for a fourth round of federal foreclosure counseling dollars.
- Continued working with the California Legislature and Congress on issues affecting affordable housing throughout the state.
- Implemented four programs as part of Keep Your Home California.