Keep Your Home California
Keep Your Home California is a free, mortgage-assistance program established under the U.S. Treasury Department’s Hardest Hit Fund. As part of the federally funded program, California was allocated almost $2 billion to help eligible homeowners avoid preventable foreclosures.
So far, the program has helped over 30,000 struggling homeowners, with each facing a serious financial hardship such as a job loss, cut in pay, divorce, extraordinary medical bills or other economic issues.
- Developed an English and Spanish language advertising campaign featuring actor and TV host Mario Lopez, reaching more than 54 million people.
- Partnered with the California Employment Development Department to include informational flyers on the Unemployment Mortgage Assistance program to hundreds of thousands of Californians collecting jobless benefits.
- Earned media attention in TV, print and radio reaching nearly 12 million people with Keep Your Home California messaging.
- Redesigned the Keep Your Home California website to be more user friendly; as a result, the site welcomed 633,723 visitors during the past year—an increase of nearly 54%.
- Increased the number of mortgage servicers by 57, to a total of more than 150.
- Maintained a strong outreach effort through traditional marketing, event participation and social media; participated in nearly 200 events during the past fiscal year.