Single Family Programs
Single Family Lending
The Single Family Lending division works to help first-time homebuyers and others purchase homes in California. Traditionally, this has been accomplished through the financing of first mortgages, but the division’s focus has shifted to down payment assistance, including the recently introduced CalPLUS program. The division also works with lending partners, municipalities and others in the private and public sectors to facilitate homeownership.
- Funded 6,311 loans totaling $37.7 million for the California Homebuyer’s Downpayment Assistance Program (CHDAP), marking the largest-ever number of loans and assistance in the program’s history.
- Issued 344 Mortgage Credit Certificate loans in the first full year of the program. The number of loans increased to more than 50 loans per month during the final months of the fiscal year.
Special Programs Servicing/Administration
- Concluded the School Facility Fee Down Payment Assistance Program, with the program funding 14,370 grants for a total of $61 million, supporting $6.2 billion in first mortgage activity since 2000.
- Processed 2,938 subordinations, reconveyances, short sales and payoff requests, exceeding the goal by 50 percent.
- Monitored 68 existing loans from the Housing Enabled by Local Partnerships (HELP) and Residential Development Loan Program (RDLP).
- Restructured 14 HELP and RDLP loans worth $21.3 million.
Lender Services and Outreach
- Processed 62 new lender applications and activated 34 new lenders.
- Provided 29 webinars and 52 in-person lender training workshops.
- Represented Single Family Lending at 25 industry conferences.