Keep Your Home California
The CalHFA-managed program has helped nearly 42,000 homeowners with mortgage assistance since the program launched in February 2011. Using federal funding, Keep Your Home California administers four different programs to help the continuing Californian recovery from the housing crisis. Three of the program’s best four quarters were during the 2013-14 fiscal year.
- Principal Reduction Program: Helped 2,244 households with $144,378,214, a 93.5% increase from FY 12-13.
- Unemployment Mortgage Assistance Program: Helped 11,448 households with $159,832,144, a 8.5% decrease from FY 12-13.
- Mortgage Reinstatement Assistance Program: Helped 2,681 households with $36,798,381, a 21.9% increase from FY 12-13.
- Transition Assistance Program: Helped 333 households with $1,091,871, a 5.9% increase from FY 12-13.
- Total: Helped 16,706 households with $342,100,609, a 21.9% increase from FY 12-13.