The Financing division manages the capital used to finance CalHFA’s affordable housing programs. It also handles the Agency’s outstanding debt obligations and non-mortgage investments. The division frequently evaluates various alternatives for generating low-cost capital, including balancing risk versus benefit. CalHFA’s tax-exempt issuance authority allows it to serve the affordable housing needs of Californians in a way that the general market does not.
- Reduced the amount of variable rate debt outstanding by $625.8 million.
- Reduced the notional amount of interest rate swaps outstanding by $418 million.
- Closed $26.4 million of Multifamily Conduit Issuer financing and issued $38.9 million under the Multifamily Housing Revenue Bonds III Indenture.
- Worked with Moody’s and S&P as they reviewed and ultimately upgraded the Agency’s credit ratings.
- Established an internal warehouse line to be used for single family and multifamily lending.