2014 MHSA Deadlines
COMPLETED Applications Due to CalHFA
Dates Available for Sr. Loan Committee
June 23 (approx)
9% Application Due to TCAC
MHSA 2013 UPDATE (04/01/2013)
UPDATED CLOSING CHECKLIST
The process for MHSA Rental Housing when CalHFA is a Junior Lender has been streamlined. Please see our updated closing checklist under Closing/Rental Housing.
MHSA Process & Requirements
Jointly administered by the California Department of Mental Health and the California Housing Finance Agency on behalf of counties, the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Housing Program offers permanent financing and capitalized operating subsidies for the development of permanent supportive housing, including both rental and shared housing, to serve persons with serious mental illness and their families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. MHSA Housing Program funds will be allocated for the development, acquisition, construction, and/or rehabilitation of permanent supportive housing.
- MHSA Program Announcement Cover Letter
- MHSA Background and Program Overview (2/1/2011 rev.2013) - Program and application process
- Shared Housing Guidelines
- Physical Needs Assessment
- Insurance Requirements (Rental Housing During Rehab or Construction)
- Insurance Requirements (Rental Housing after Occupancy)
- Insurance Requirements (Shared Housing)
- CalHFA ALTA Requirements
- Table A: Optional Survey Responsibilities & Specifications
- MHSA Housing is Built: Conversion & Transition to Asset Management (PPT Presentation)
- County Median Incomes
- CalHFA 50% Rents
Asset Management Forms
Disclaimer: Each document is intended for informational purposes only. If your loan application is accepted by CalHFA, the loan documents specific to your transaction will be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your transaction and may vary substantially from the documents posted here. The template loan documents are subject to change without notice. CalHFA does not warrant or represent that the covenants and conditions in the template documents will apply to your specific transaction.