- Federally Designated Targeted Areas
Property Eligibility Requirements
All types of properties, from single family homes to condominiums, throughout the entire state can be eligible for CalHFA financing, as long as the sales price is under the CalHFA Sales Price limit.
Visit the Loan Programs tab to determine what types of properties are eligible according to each individual program.
In general these are property eligibility requirements for all CalHFA programs:
- The home must be located in California.
- The home must be your primary residence.
- The sales price of the home must be less than the allowable sales price limits.
- There is a five (5) acre maximum on the size of the property.
- The home must be zoned for Single Family Occupancy (not for 2-4 units)
- The home must be a single family residence.
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADUs),Guest houses, granny units and in-law quarters may be eligible
- The home can be a condominium or attached unit in a planned unit development (PUD). (Check with your lender for eligible condominiums.)
- Doublewide (not singlewide) Manufactured homes are allowed
Be sure to check the property eligibility section of each individual loan program for program-specific requirements.