ADU Grant Program
The ADU Grant provides up to $40,000 to reimburse pre-development and non-reoccurring closing costs associated with the construction of the ADU. Prevelopment costs include site prep, architectural designs, permits, soil tests, impact fees, property survey, and energy reports.
- A specific and personal story about an L.A. ADU
LA Times (05/16/2022)
- How a struggling single mom built an ADU, without killing a 60-year-old tree
The Union Democrat (02/28/2022)
- Signup for ADU 101 online workshop
- Useful ADU 101 Materials and Education
- CalHFA ADU Grant Application Process
- Homeowners with low or moderate income - CalHFA Income Limits
Have questions? Call one of our ADU Grant Program lenders listed below. Since CalHFA is not a direct lender, our mortgage products are offered through private loan officers who have been approved and trained by our Agency. These loan officers can help you find out more about CalHFA’s programs and guide you through the ADU loan and grant processes.
Contact one of the CalHFA ADU Grant Program Lenders listed below:
What documents should I have ready when contacting a loan officer?
When initially contacting a loan officer, you may want to have this list of documents and information available to help answer questions that they will ask you:
- Pay stubs
- Bank statements
- Employment history
- Previous tax returns