- Direct Lenders
- Loan Officers
- Mortgage Brokers
- Real Estate Agents
Real Estate Agents
Program Matrixes | Find a Loan Officer | Homebuyer Education | Helpful Marketing Materials
Real estate agents are often the first point of contact for people purchasing a home, and CalHFA recognizes their importance to homebuying. CalHFA has marketing materials to help your clients make an informed choice about their home loans, and is also proud of its quick turnaround times for loan processing when you have a tight deadline for closing escrow. Please look around this section for more information on how becoming familiar with CalHFA loans can help your business, even with non-first-time homebuyers.
View details of all programs on one page:
Find loan officers approved for CalHFA loans
CalHFA only works with approved, skilled loan officers who are familiar with CalHFA's loan programs and their various requirements, options and benefits. These loan officers can guide you through the entire home buying process from start to finish.
CalHFA Top Lending Heroes
These Top Hero Loan Officers have helped the most homebuyers obtain CalHFA First Mortgage Loans including down payment assistance. They recognize the challenges of low to moderate income homebuyers in today’s market.
Search All CalHFA Loan Officers
- View this list of CalHFA preferred loan officers to locate the name and phone number of a CalHFA-trained loan officer near you.
- Our lender database will allow you to locate a branch office near you. However, please note that all branch offices may or may not have loan officers on site that are trained to process CalHFA loans. Contacting a "preferred loan officer" will get you in touch with someone who is trained and has experience with CalHFA loans.
- If you'd like to have a CalHFA representative contact you or get a referral to one of CalHFA's preferred loan officers, fill out this short contact form.
Homebuyer Education Requirement
CalHFA firmly believes that homebuyer education and counseling is critical to the success and happiness of a homeowner, and requires homebuyer education and counseling for first-time homebuyers using a CalHFA program.
Who has to take this Homebuyer Education and Counseling course?
Only one occupying first-time borrower on each loan transaction.
How do I take this education and counseling course?
- ONLINE: eHome's eight-hour Homebuyer Education and Counseling course is the only online course accepted by CalHFA. (fee: $99) Other online courses like Frameworks and HomeView are not acceptable because they do not provide a one-hour, 1-on-1 counseling follow-up session.
- IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL: Live Homebuyer Education and Counseling in-person or virtually though NeighborWorks America or any HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency
(fee: varies by agency)
Helpful Marketing Materials
CalHFA produces many collateral pieces to both inform homebuyers and help our lending partners with the CalHFA process. Many of the pieces are in downloadable format for convenient printing. Take a look at what we have to offer!
Visit the Sales Tools & Marketing Materials page for details.
Loan Scenario Calculator
The Scenario Calculator helps you compare CalHFA loans to determine what loan scenario works best for your client.
Dates for April Lender Training have been posted
Program Bulletin #2023-02 - Program Bulletin #2023-02 - CalHFA to Introduce the Dream For All Shared Appreciation Loan
Program Bulletin #2023-01 - Use of CalHFA Down Payment Assistance
Latest eNews Announcements
eNews 03/27/23: The California Dream For All Shared Appreciation Loan Is Now Available
eNews announcements can be found on our Archived Page